Tuesday, May 23, 2017

CAT PILLOWS, ANOTHER CRAZY QUILT SQUARE, & TIME

Today, I had a hard time really concentrating...yesterday I accomplished a lot...today, not so much. Woke up early, did a couple things around the house, sat down and promptly fell asleep. Was I surprised waking up and realizing that it was three hours later!!!

CAT PILLOWS

I had been wanting to make pillows that fit into the windows for the cats, so I thought this was the day to do it. I used fabric that is soft but not very easy to sew. It's silky on the inside and slides easily but very soft, like brushed corduroy on the outside. Not sure where it even came from and because I don't see myself using it I thought it was perfect for the cats along with some batting...

And here is what I made actually sitting in one of the windows...

If you look closely, you will see that I had to place something under the pillow to accommodate window frame. I used sturdy foam.

ANOTHER CRAZY QUILT SQUARE

I had enough fabric out to make another square like this one...

This the second square...

Not sure what I will be doing with these other than add some embroidery stitches. I am thinking that they would make nice small purses or notebook covers. What do you think?

TIME

I read a really great article on time. You can find it here. The title of the article is "You Never Have Time, Only Intentions." I found the author's ideas interesting. For instance, we don't own time like we own money...and that's right. Time cannot be owned. Good intentions, though, can be. 

Think of it this way, when we say we have enough time to finish a project we are assuming a specific amount of time in the future. Not time here and now. As a matter of fact, we can only experience time in the present and that is but a fleeting moment. 

The author suggests that owning intentions is much better because those we can own. I intend to finish this project before I, say, go out for a walk. Some may think it's a distinction without a difference but it really isn't.

Remember a couple days ago I said that it seems like the time is flying by...that is, until you consider that this administration is only 100 plus days old. In one respect, time seems to be slipping away. But on the other hand, time is dragging on and on.

When you consider how our understanding of 'how time flies' is not a constant, maybe thinking about intentions is a better way. 

That's it for today...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...