Monday, May 22, 2017

MORE EMBELLISHED COLLAGES & A QUESTION

You know, going from a hot 95 to a cold, rainy 55 is not fun. What to wear? I go from jeans, a sweatshirt and a fleece vest to cotton shorts and loose fitting cotton shirt. Is this the new normal? Not really a healthy proposition for either humans or the earth...

MORE EMBELLISHED COLLAGES

So, I do have a couple more finished embellished wall hangings. Remember the first one with fabric only?

This is what it looked like with embroidery stitches...

And here's the final collage. I don't think the picture does this piece justice. It appears much to fussy in the picture than it does in real life...have to figure out my photography technique!!!


This is the fabric collage for the second piece...

And here's the finished, embellished piece. Note I changed the position of the top...

I have also worked on large crazy quilt blocks in neutral colors.

The flowered pattern fabric is brocade and the white plain pieces are corduroy.


A QUESTION?

I've been trying to figure out what to do with all of my creations...and let me tell you, I have lots of them. The embellished collages are only the latest series. So, I have actually been looking into selling them online. I am not interested in selling at craft fairs or any venue that includes a lot of physical set up and take down.

After looking at the costs, I have to say the Etsy seems to be the cheapest unless I go with Craigslist which apparently also has a handmade creations selling area. Etsy does have a lot of what I would call Shabby Chic on their site...let's face it, it's really big site...so there would be some competition. On the flip side, for folks looking for that type of creations, my site would be one that could be pulled up. Well, I am just at the beginning of checking all this out and weighing my options. I'll let you know what I decide.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...