Thursday, June 22, 2017

LOGAN ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL

Today was quite a nice day. The temperature was down so the ac stayed off and all the doors and windows were open. I managed to get Duchess almost cleaned. A mouse decided to visit and left lots of calling cards. But with exception of one draw and under the sink area, she has been completely cleaned top to bottom.

So far all the electric works including the converter box. My batteries were even full, after a couple years! Tomorrow I will be checking out all the water outlets to make sure I don't have any leaks. When I come back later this summer, I plan on putting on new 'shoes' on Duchess and then taking her back east so I can use her more often.

I promised you more pictures from the Logan Festival so let's get started. Demonstration areas were set up including a blacksmith area where they made hammers...


Indian beading was also demonstrated and the work was beautiful...



All the bead work was done with seed beads...in other words, tiny, tiny beads!

There were lots of jewelry booths but this one caught my eye with it's rainbow effect.

This was my favorite pottery booth probably because of the uniqueness of the items.


There was a glassblower demonstrating how to make glass figurines but I was so mesmerized that I forgot to take a picture. I did get a photo of some of the larger pieces.

I liked the outdoor water features.


And a metal work booth. I loved the pigs.


Fabric wise there was a quilt booth plus a booth on fabric wall art which I really loved.




I saw only a few booths with paintings. I love the aspens in the large picture. The second one was just plain unique.


And finally, these scenes are carved out of stone. Heavy but beautiful.

That's all for today...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you later