Monday, July 10, 2017

BACK TO NORMAL - ALMOST! & NEW STUDIO SPACE...

Folks ask me why I most always have a flower at the beginning of my blog...I guess it's because I simply love to take pictures of flowers. And no matter what else is going on personally or politically, they make me smile. And what's not to love about that?

So, when I got back from my latest trip to Utah, I realized one very important thing about my studio. I had very little creative space. This was my studio after I put in new shelving...
Nice but very little project space. 

I decided to add a third table even if things were a bit crowded. But in the end, it changed the actual footprint of the studio very little. I also had to take into consideration the fact that the air conditioner was in the wall under the windows which meant moving the kitty condo. This is the overall studio now.
I moved the kitty condo over and then butted one table up against it. But look at all the project space I have.
The computer and monitors plus paper work still take up one table but that leaves the other two for projects. There is plenty of room on the next table for paper projects including journaling and painting.
And I still have a complete table for my fabric projects. Now I will be able to switch from one to the other without having to put one project away.
And although I only have one entrance to the studio, on the side with the shelving, there is still just as much room as there was previously.
And there is just as much room between the studio area and the rest of the apartment. I can't find any downside to this improvement at all.

I was asked if it is easy to get things from the shelving area now that I have it covered completely. Not at all, I simply remove the entire design wall, or I fold it back to uncover the area I need to use like this...

Today, I almost got back into my regular routine. I stayed up a bit too late last night to get much of an early start this morning...going to bed earlier tonight. I also turned off the AC and opened the windows for fresh air.  By the way, I found a great way to hang chimes in my window which I will share tomorrow, along with my latest project.

That's it for today folks...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you later...