Tuesday, July 11, 2017

HANGING WINDCHIMES, MY SUMMER FUN PROJECT - A DOLLHOUSE & LADY J!!!


I promised to show how I hang wind chimes in my apartment window. I have used other suction hangers but they have always fallen when the wind chimes move. So, I bought one meant for the bathroom that has a very strong suction cup. Check it out...

Now when the wind chimes start chiming, I don't hear a 'clunk' when they fall down!!!

One of the things I did this past weekend was to go through a large pile of magazines and pull out any articles that were of interest...
One article that I was taken with was the cottage. I have always wanted to make a doll house including everything inside. So, that's one of my summer projects. One just for me and just for fun. Do you ever do something for yourself just for fun? I have a feeling that many of us don't...why not find a project that you have always wanted to do, just for fun, just for yourself and do it!

When I showed you pictures of my new studio, the LLBean box was not a advertising placement...
...although I do love their shoes. And no, I have no relationship with LLBean other than a customer.

The box was the perfect size and sturdiness for a doll house. I taped it up, covered the outside and then added the wall covering for the back. Two floor are planned with the kitchen and living room on the first floor, stairs and a bedroom and bath on the second floor. Because the white tape (all I had) was such a contrast with the box, I had to add a piece of muslin before applying the wall coverings.





Next I will secure the second floor and then add all the rest of wall, floor and ceiling coverings. Then the fun begins. I have paperclay which is air-dried so I plan on making lots of little things. Best of all, I am already having fun!

No word yet on Lady J, but I am applying for a place for Duchess at a storage area in New Jersey. It's about and hour and a half to two hours (depending on traffic) from here but the cost is low if I reserve a place for a year and they are open everyday. Many places are closed during the winter months but I wanted to be able to pick up Duchess if I wanted to go south for the winter.

That's it for today, folks...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you later...