Thursday, July 6, 2017

I AM BACK...A LITTLE WORSE FOR WEAR!!!


So, as I said, I am finally back in NYC.  A little worse for wear maybe should read just plain worse for wear.

Things were going fine on the trip back when Lady J decided throw in a monkey wrench...really, that's what the image looks like on the warning signs...a wrench. Want to know what it means? It means that the transmission is under the weather.

I found a Ford place and they did the diagnostics which found that the third gear is failing! They told me I could make it back to NYC (about 1250 miles) on the interstate okay. Stop and go driving wasn't recommended.

So, I just continued to drive until I really needed a rest. Stopped for a couple hours and then continued into PA. I forgot about the fog in the mountains...really interesting times.

But, I am home...we did have a barbeque between showers on the 4th. My daughter drove up and picked up my grandson who went with me to Park City. And now, I am just plain vegging out trying to take in everything. Tomorrow I take Lady J to find out if fixing/replacing the transmission is a good thing or not...

For now, I am going to go back and rest...it's been a busy, anxiety-producing couple of days. I will be back to post regularly next week...

Enjoy your weekend...