Wednesday, July 26, 2017

RUNNING ERRANDS AND FINDING FLOWERS...

Yesterday I ran some errands in lower Manhattan. To be honest, I forgot how many tourists swarm to Battery Park. But not only tourists, there were lots of children's groups. In other words, it was crowded...even for me.

(Frustrated Side Note: Leaving the subway included climbing seven flights...the escalator was full...so I walked up. Let me tell you, by the time I hit the sidewalk, my legs felt like jello!!! But what frustrated me was that my dashboard only recorded four flights!!! I guess they only recorded one flight even though it was three with just a two-step platform in between.)

So, I didn't stay long at the park. But I did take this picture...

If you can see the word on the right side of the stature...

You now know who this bridge is named after...
It's the big one a few blocks away from where I live. By the way, that's fog lifting, not a poor photo. (Although you have seen your fair share of my poor photos here.)

On the way home, I stopped and took several pictures of my favorite subject...flowers...



I am always amazed at the quality of photos my phone takes.

In the first flower photo, there actually was a large bush just crammed full of these flowers. Have no idea what they are but the bush sure was beautiful. I have lots of pictures of the second flower...it just seems to take gorgeous pictures. It almost looks like it is a fake flower...believe me, it isn't.

This is the first time I have been able to take a great photo of the yellow flowers (third photo). And the rose, the smell was delightful...thorns not so much.

Well, I ran short of quarters today and didn't feel like walking up to the bank so I washed a few things by hand. Now that it's cool, I am beginning to feel a little concerned about how dirty the house it...still tidy...just lots of cat fur, kitty litter and dirt. Might have to actually clean tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...