Monday, July 24, 2017

SNOWFLAKES AND BOOKMARKS...


Wow! What a difference a day (or two) makes...it is in the 70's today. It was cool yesterday also but with a lot of rain.

I no longer feel like a wet noodle...like I said before "Heat and 'me' do not belong together!"

Still working on Holiday Party bookmarks...
...but I am closing in on to 200 mark!

I was thinking about the Holiday Party this weekend and came up with the theme of 'Snowflakes'. So what did my little brain decide to do? Make snowflakes, of course.

Actually, I was already crocheting snowflakes for tree decorations for one of my sons who loves real trees but has few decorations. I decided to see if I could come of up with a quick pattern using white four-ply yarn so the snowflake will remain stiff without using glue or starch.

This is what I came up with...

It's quick and easy although I am using a smaller hook which can prove difficult at times. I just have to remember to keep the stitches loose.

First Round: Ch10, join in first chain
Second Round: Ch2, Sc18 into center
Third Round: Ch5, skip one sc, sl into next sc, repeat to end
Four Round: Ch6, sl into middle of loop of 5chs made in previous round, repeat to end
Finish off and add loop

Like I said, very simple. I already have 20 done! Think 200 will be a cinch to finish before the end of summer.

That's it for today, folks...
Hope that you are enjoying great weather also...
Talk to you later...