Monday, September 18, 2017

JOSE COMING FOR A VISIT, NOTEBOOKS AND THE DOLLHOUSE COTTAGE!

Flowers were blooming in abundance all over today as I walked to and back from the subway. I went into the city today to meet with the Auspicious Stitches Group. They decided to go through their stash of supplies. In the end I think they kept most of the supplies but organized so it was easy to find things.

I have to say that the humidity was really high...and my bones let me know. The remnants of Jose are visiting us beginning tomorrow so there's going to be a lot of rain, coastal flooding, high seas and wind.

I stopped in to The Flying Tiger Store (I absolutely love this store!) because I needed an umbrella (I left my other one in Lady J) and I knew they had quality ones for very little money. Of course, I picked up a few notebooks. One of my weaknesses is notebooks. All kinds. Put them on sale and I have a hard time resisting. One look at my notebook container and you will understand my weakness! I couldn't resist this one for only a couple bucks...


My youngest son is flying back from a vacation in New Orleans. I hope he makes it before the weather is really bad which, if the forecast is right, he should well before the worst of it hits.

So this past weekend I enjoyed watching football...college on Saturday and NFL on Sunday. When I say I watch, I really am doing something else...like surfing, or sewing, or crocheting, etc...but listening to the announcers. Although when the crowd yells, I will look up, especially at the replays.

I guess listening to football puts me in a frame of mind that lets me relax and do things that I want to do...can't ever remember paying bills while watching/listening to football!! I did work on my dollhouse cottage. I am finally working on the bedroom. Here's the bed and the bedsit at the end of the bed...


Today was the first day of getting back into a more normal routine including exercise, walking, working on specific projects, etc. One major improvement I need to make is my photography so I have been reading lots of information on taking good pictures for ebooks as well as for Etsy. I think I need to make a special photography box and line it with super white paper...or white felt. Not sure which will be best. One will bounce light and the other will absorb it. I may need both.

Well, it's time to put my youngest son's birds (cockatiels) to bed...as well as my parakeets.
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...