Wednesday, September 20, 2017

SNAFU


Yesterday was about like most of the other days I have been having lately!!! I was going to pick up my youngest at JFK Airport at 2:30 in the afternoon. The flight didn't get in until 7:00 in the evening amidst lots of rain and wind.

Once I found out that his flight was delayed, I did some grocery shopping as well as running a couple other errands before waiting in line outside the airport to hear that he had not only landed but collected the luggage.

Well, quite some time after the plane had landed,  I texted him and he said his luggage was lost! Turned out that his, and a couple other folks on the same plane, luggage wound up on a different carousel with another flight's luggage. He finally found it and I was able to drive in and pick him up.

Of course, by the time I got back to the apartment complex, there were no parking spots. Luckily, another son had parked his truck in my area because when he came back on Saturday, due to marathons, there was no place to park near his apartment. So he came over and picked up his truck leaving me with a parking spot!

Needless to say, by the time I got home (traffic on the Belt was still a mess at 8:30pm) and parked, my mind was too fried to try to post a blog.

Today's not much better. Along with that is the fact that I have absolutely no energy...could be the mid 80's temperatures along with high humidity...I never do well with that combination. It's going to be warmer tomorrow...think I will put the ac back on.

I did clean the apartment today and reorganized my studio space. I actually did it because my two parakeets are normally in the back of the apartment where there isn't a lot of daylight. So, I moved their cage to sit in front of one of my windows. They carried on a conversation with the birds outside who were visiting the bird feeder I have out!

I will take some photos tomorrow and you can see how things have changed. I seem to have lots more room to move around and I like that aspect.

Well, that's it for today...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...