Thursday, October 19, 2017

A WALK IN THE WOODS...NO MAKE THAT THE CITY.

I was going out to move SnowWhite when I realized that alternate side parking rules are not in effect today. Guess that means that tomorrow I will be traveling somewhere...probably out to Michaels because I need a few items.

So, I decided to take a walk instead of shopping which is what I had planned on doing after moving SnowWhite. Still no colorful trees here as you can see with this peek-a-boo photo of the harbor.

There are leaves on the sidewalk...but then I think that there are always leaves on the sidewalks here...summer, fall, winter and spring...

This ceramic pumpkin caught my eye. I haven't seen one like it before...

And, of course, there are still beautiful flowers...


I think apple picking is going to be this weekend's adventure. I would love some fresh apples. I love all sorts of apples, especially the sweet but tart ones. Honeycrisp, Jonagold and Fuji are a few of my favorites. I hope to try out RubyFrost which is a new variety.

It will be fun to see some color although no one is predicting a particularly brilliant season this year...it's been too warm. I am sure that when I finally make it to Vermont next week there won't be much color. But, like I said before, I usually go for my annual visit to the Bennington Museum, the color is a bonus.

Today I am deciding and making a centerpiece for the Holiday Party. I need twelve, one per table so I don't want anything too hard to make, but I really wanted it to be colorful. I am thinking of a fabric basket.  The simple type which begins as a finished square with batting, two colorful sides and some quilting to make it a bit stiff.  After an hour...that's all it took to cut, quilt and sew this basket. Think I can do eleven more in time for the party...
I began with an 18 inch square and ended up with a basket that's basically a 6 inch cube. That works for me. Do you think I need to put something in it? I do but not sure what...maybe a couple pieces of fabric. Suggestions?

I did make another hand puppet for the Holiday Charity. It's kind of scary...
...but I figure folks can make whatever puppet they would like to make. Next, a lot of animal print fabric was donated so I am going to put together some kits to make stuffed animals. Little did I know how much work this Holiday Charity and Party were...

Oh, and we couldn't get enough folks to do the talent show so we are going to have a short skit...now I need to get busy and write one!!!!

Hope you enjoyed your visit here...
Talk to you later...