Thursday, October 12, 2017

WORKSHOP DECISION FINALLY MADE

Each day is a gift, enjoy and treasure it!
I took this photo today on my walk. The flower was absolutely beautiful. But the really neat thing about the walk was that it was the first time this fall that I was able to wear a sweatshirt. It was that cold here in NYC...finally fall weather!!! Of course, it's going to be 80 in a couple days but only for one day and then back to the 60's and 70's.

So I finally figured out what I will be teaching in November at my workshop. Fabric beads and flowers...mostly beads. I put together some examples today...



The top beads are the normal ones. Basically you cut a long slender triangle piece of fabric, roll it around a skewer or knitting needle, add some glue to the end to secure. I also did some beads with a rectangular piece of fabric.

The middle beads are simply scraps balled up and wound with thread. I was trying to make a similar bead on a skewer so there would be a hole...no luck.

The bottom beads take longer. First wind some fabric on a skewer, securing with pins. Add trim and yarn, again securing with pins. Then secure by hand sewing adding beads here and there. This one took time, but the beads are unique.

I don't have any samples of the flowers yet. I will be doing that either later tonight or tomorrow.

Hope your day was a picture perfect fall day...
Thanks for spending a few minutes here...
Talk to you later...