Tuesday, October 17, 2017

YEP, IT'S TUESDAY...ALL DAY!!!


What I didn't blog about yesterday was that I was planning on driving up to Vermont today for a couple days of leaf peeping and visiting my favorite museum to see the Dear Jane Quilt and the Grandma Moses exhibit...an annual visit for me.

But because I was up so late last night, I got a late start this morning (Who am I kidding?...I am not a morning person. Let me repeat that I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!) so that idea for today went by the wayside...maybe tomorrow...that is if I can get up early enough. Like leave here at 5am to beat the traffic on 694!!! Any takers on that bet?

I decided that instead of doing a single post devoted to the museum visit I will share a few photos at a time. I always enjoy looking at pottery from other older cultures. A couple of them really caught my eye. Here's the first one along with it's description.

To think that something this old still retains its original shape and design is mind boggling to me. I guess it's partly because our society is such a fast and disposable one, thinking something from now might actually be around in five thousand years is hard to imagine!

Anyway, today I am doing some household things like laundry, vacuuming, kitty litter (actually that's a daily event), making up new patterns for the Holiday gift bags and working on the summary for the We're Still Kicking Quilters. That way I can post it tomorrow before leaving...hope springs eternal!!!

I've already shared with you the stuffed dolls and animals that I created for the Holiday gift bags. Now I am developing some patterns (and making examples) of hand puppets including animals like cats. I am using the arms cut off from sweatshirts that are in excellent shape - except for the stains on the front of the sweatshirt. (Really, I wear my food rather than eat it at times!!!) Here's my first try...
Needs some refining but I think I am on my way.

Well, looking at the clock I see it's already after 10pm. Think I will call it a day. Hope you had a very enjoyable, productive day...

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you later...