Thursday, November 9, 2017

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF...


Today is bright and sunny and temperature is heading to 50 degrees!!!  Wasn't it just a couple days ago that the high was in the 20's and the lows 11!!!  It is nice to see the mountains, though, especially the ones with snow.

So today I am going to have my annual mammogram. I'm telling you this because I want to encourage all of you to make sure you get one. A lot of my female friends do not get regular mammograms and in a couple cases have never had a mammogram.

They all have excuses:
     They don't have time...
     They can't afford it...
     No one in their family has ever had breast cancer...
     They are afraid of the results...

I can sympathize a bit, but I keep telling them that this is one of those things they actually need to do. Time problems, it's really a matter of valuing themselves enough to take the time. 

They can't afford it. That one is difficult but there are many free mammogram clinics available. If they are old enough to be on Medicare, there is no cost. And many, if not most, insurance plans allow  for one a year.

No one in their family has ever had breast cancer is a plus but you can't count on that history to keep you from getting cancer because we know that there are many causes for breast cancer.

They are afraid of the results...who isn't? I still get a bit of an uncomfortable feeling waiting for the results. But, breast cancer found early has a much better outcome after treatment.

I could tell you about a friend who waited too long before getting one and it turned out to be too late but you probably know of those stories yourself.

Instead I am asking you to please stop with the excuses and take care of yourself.

Make that appointment...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you later...