Wednesday, November 8, 2017

THE DUCHESS SAGA!!!

Well, I have missed most of the fall color. I know the color was beautiful in Pennsylvania when I drove through but it was so dark and rainy that I didn't stop to take any pictures. The above one is from one of my trips to Vermont.

The weather out here really changes. It was almost hot when I got here. A couple days ago, I realized, though, that it was going to get down to the low teens and I hadn't winterized Duchess. So at 8pm I took SnowWhite to search for some anti-freeze for rvs which I did find, thank goodness.

Because it was late, I had to set up lights to see - I put the antifreeze into my freshwater tank (because I never carry fresh water). Apparently, I hadn't emptied it enough the last time I was here so the antifreeze was diluted.

Yesterday, when I went out to check things I had frozen water dripping from my kitchen sink. Not good. And the pump was not working...probably frozen. So I put on the furnace in Duchess to see if things would thaw. They did after about three hours...the high was only 29 and it was cloudy and snowing.

I put in two more gallons of antifreeze and last night the water coming out of the taps was very pink so I think all is okay for the rest of the year. Of course, I do have to replace the water heater next year.

So, today, the temperature is warming up to the low 40's and this week it will be in the 50's. I don't remember temperature swings like this...especially in November. At any rate, Duchess is set for the winter. I was going to bring her back this year but I lost my storage place back east. The plus is that I won't have to pay rent. And I can pick her up next summer...

I hope all your sagas turn out well...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...