Tuesday, December 19, 2017

BAKING SUCCESSES AND FAILURES PLUS TEABAG CADDY


So, how are your plans for the Holidays coming along?  Yesterday, I planned on baking some banana bread to give out. Well, darn, all three turned out so bad that they were beyond rescue!!!!  Not sure why. I looked at several sites to see if I could figure it out. I think it was because I creamed the wet ingredients too hard.

Well, today I baked another banana bread (I divided the batch in two for two smaller loaves) and two pumpkin spice breads and they turned out.  I also made a couple batches of pralines. I forgot how easy they were to make. Check these out...

Still not happy with the banana bread but at least they are edible!

I am still playing around with my crocheting and created a teabag caddy.  It's really cute and can hold four tea bags in envelopes. I didn't put a closure on it (mostly because all my buttons are still in the button jars for the Holiday Party!!) but the flap folds in nicely. 




It's very simple to make. I used only the single crochet stitch. I'll post the directions later on.

That's it for today...
By the way, it was really warm here, in the mid 50's...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you later...