Monday, December 18, 2017


Last week was eventful for many reasons. First of all...the Holiday Party for Empire Quilters (and which I spent hours preparing for) was cancelled due to snow. The storm wasn't that bad, but they had almost 5 inches at Central Park and it was slippery. A little frustrating, but it was better to cancel than risk folks falling and hurting themselves. Hopefully, all the time I spent preparing for it can be saved until next year...

We did go to a tree farm on Sunday to get some trees...
...and that was a lot of fun

And then I got out the decorations for Christmas and began changing from the season of orange to the season of red!  The tree above is from this year. Chip had fun with the empty boxes...


You know, Chip always looks a little grumpy.  He wasn't happy when I packed away the empty boxes.

But then, I did something stupid...I fell. I was getting up from the chair and the button on my slippers were caught underneath the slipper so down I went. I found out that falling at 72 is different than falling at 35. It took a while to catch my breath first...talk about a startle reaction.

I did get up but realized that the fall had twisted my ankle and my knee. Guess what...it even takes longer to heal at 72 than 35!! My ankle is pretty well on it's way to healing. The swelling down considerably and the color is bright - blue and purple. And it doesn't hurt. 

My knee on the other hand didn't swell, nor turn color, but is now giving me problems when I transition from sitting to standing or standing to sitting. Walking isn't bad but steps are uncomfortable. Each day is better tho, so hopefully I will be completely mobile by the middle of the week.

I did mange to shop for the Holiday Charity on Saturday. Found a new store FIVE BELOW with toys five dollars and below. Spent about $250 for toys. And on Sunday, my co-leader and I plus her mother and one of my sons, filled 100 stockings for kids and almost that same amount for teens and adults. They are being delivered today.

Anyway, between all that I needed to do as well as falling, I didn't manage to post anything. Those who were concerned, thanks. Hopefully things will settle down from now on...and no more falls!!!

Thanks for visiting...
Looking forward to your future visits...