Friday, January 12, 2018

WINTER? & NEW PRACTICE COLLAGES


Today it was warm enough to go out and find roses blooming. It's 5:30pm and the temperature is still high - 59 degrees. This is January 12th, right? I see no traces of snow from my vantage point and usually snow hangs around in my view for a long time!!

So, I finished getting things ready for the workshop tomorrow and the sample for the February workshop. I can get it all in my backsack which is good because I am on my own getting there. Think subway.

I did work on more of the daily challenges in which I am participating but only have a picture of a couple collages...

I did work on a couple more larger collages...ones on which I can have some fun with embroidery. Once I put them together, I sewed them down with metallic thread. (NOTE: If you are having problems using metallic thread check your needles. I had a new needle in and still I had a lot of problems. I remembered that I had purchased metallic needles, so I replaced the regular needle with the metallic needle and not one stitch was missed.)

So here are my two practice collages...


I am going to grab some embroidery floss and beads and have some fun. Not sure how they will turn out, but I am looking forward to playing.

Football this weekend. My team plays on Sunday. Go Vikings!!!

Are you taking care of yourself?
Be sure to carve out some time this weekend for yourself.
Thanks for checking things out here.
Talk with you next week.