Thursday, March 29, 2018

CLOUDY DAY & SAMPLE BACKGROUNDS


It was a dark day today...heavy clouds and some drizzle on and off, but the temperature was in the 50's. So when I woke up this morning, I thought it was earlier than it really was...and that threw my whole day off by over an hour.

I spent most of my creative time pulling fabrics to make background for my samples. Here's what I picked, four different sets...




I have worked a bit more on the first selection...



Everything is done by hand and some of the edges are raw and some are folded. I choose the fabric I wanted to be my focal piece and then randomly added pieces all around. Other backgrounds will be simple nine patches and another a set of strips. I'm trying to get a feel for this type of work.

If you are interested in Jude Hill's Spirit Cloth, she has done something really nice. All of her classes are free. Simply go to her blog and you will find how to reach the free classes. I am working through the first one and enjoying it immensely.

Short post tonight...
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...