Tuesday, June 12, 2018

YES, IT'S BEEN A WEEK...BUT WHAT A WEEK...


Yes, it has been a week since I last posted on my blog. What happened inbetween was wild...up and down several times with the house. Yes, it's a go, no it's off! Yes, it's a go, no it's off. Then I thought everything was a go when the bank called and said...it's got an underground oil tank. Definitely a no!

I was pretty well bummed out about the whole thing and then this morning the realtor called and said the bank would remove the old oil tank and replace it with a new one!!! HUH??? Now it's back on and I have scheduled all the inspections for this coming Thursday!!! Like I said, up and down. Right now I have decided not to get too excited until the inspection is over. Whew! Buying a home is not for the faint of heart...

Oh, and one other thing happened to raise the stress level. My son who bikes to work (Remember, this is NYC.) got hit by a car on his way home. It happened in lower Manhattan and another son was able to pick him up and take care of his bike. My son is okay. He injured a shoulder and hand but all is healing. He won't be riding his bike for a while though.

So the three of us decided to just 'get out of Dodge' - in other words, take a drive out of the city on Sunday and we went to the Delaware Water Gap area. Here are a couple pictures of the river...


We then drove up a very bumpy dirt road to Crater Lake...



It was very, very quiet except for the frogs and other wildlife. On the way back down from the lake we stopped to look at the view...

On the creative side, I have been underwhelmed but here are a couple things I am working on. First a green background...

I added a thin layer of tule to soften the effect...

The difference is not quite as much as I want, so I am going to add one more layer of tule. Then I have brightly colored flowers to add.

I have also begun a tiny quilt...

No longer sure where I am going with this but it was to be the background to a stylistic outline of a farm animal. Am rethinking it right now.

Well, that's all for today...
I will be home tomorrow so I will be talking with you...
Thanks for asking where I was and thanks for visiting...