Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A SWEET DOG


This is the sweet dog that my son found while hiking.  She is very well behaved.  Calm, doesn't pull on the leash while walking, sits when told, stays when told and trained to go outside (A big plus in my book!). 

I really like the dog very much but she seems a bit sad.  Probably missing her owner.  We posted on the lost and found local sites and I have made up flyers to post at the trail heads.  I guess we wait and see...

The dog has no problem with cats, doesn't even respond to them.  And two of the cats are doing well with a dog in the house.  The other two, my two, Chip and Dale, are reacting in the extreme...they are not at all happy with the dog.  They have stayed either in the bedroom (at night) or the studio (during the day). 

Well, if the owners come forward that will be the end of the situation. If they do not, though, we do not want to put her in a shelter as she is older and may not get placed.  Then my cats will have to come to terms with a dog in the house.

Today was dark, dreary, cold and rainy.  A day made for sleeping.  I didn't really have an opportunity for that luxury, though. Too much on my plate right now, but in a good way.

I am working on the weaving workshop.  I want to let them try weaving different patterns like tumbling blocks.  That requires something to pin on.  I have lots of cardboard boxes so I am going to cut several pieces about 9 by 12 and wrap the edges with duct tape. 

Then I need to make a grid for the workshop members to attach and use for the patterns.  AND THEN I need to cut the fabric into strips.  Basically, I need to provide everything for the workshop. A good thing I have the rest of the week to prepare for the workshop.

I am still doodling.  Actually, I think what I do is more than doodling but can't come up with the right term.  Here are a few more...



We had a big ham meal this past weekend. Tonight I made a potato with ham casserole using part of the leftover ham.  I want to use the ham bone for soup later this week.  The casserole is in the oven right now and it smells heavenly.  Time for dinner...

Thanks for spending a few minutes here...
Talk with you tomorrow...