Wednesday, January 9, 2019

STUDIO HOURS DECREASED...


Nope, still no snow.  This photo was taken at one of our favorite fishing places last year! 

Quick post today. I have had to stay out of the studio for the past couple of days because the rescued dog wants to be close to someone and my cats need a space that is seemingly safe for them.  Still no movement on getting Chip and Dale comfortable with 'Honey' which is what we are calling the dog.

Remember that I decided on 'Wonky Weaving' for my workshop.  Well, I wanted to allow the participants to weave with patterns. That required something for them to pin the strips to. 

We have an abundance of boxes still in the garage, so I went out and picked up three boxes and cut them apart.  I now have about twenty pieces of cardboard to which they can pin the fabric strips.

Now I need to draw up a grid and duplicate it.  Then I need to cut fabric strips.  That's for tomorrow. I found a great site on You Tube that shows different weaving patterns...Mr. Domestic. 

I am not going to tackle the harder ones like tumbling boxes or kaleidoscope.  But they should be able to weave the easier ones.

More doodles...

Well, it's late once again and I promised myself an early bedtime!  One positive note: I did get back to  exercising...somewhat.  I put on a mile walk/run with upper body workouts.  Got to 13 minutes of the 15 minute workout and had to stop.  

Boy am I out of shape.  And I need to get into shape for lots of walking.  I have one month.  Wish me luck...

That's all for tonight...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...