Tuesday, April 9, 2019

CUTE LITTLE QUILT SHOP...

Well, today was dark, damp and downright bone chilling.  It also rained, but not the thunderstorms.  What a difference a day makes.  Yesterday was 72 and warm.  Today, I needed a jacket on to go out!

So, I decided to explore one of the local quilt stores.  The Hudson Valley Quilt and Sew Shop located in Cornwall on the Hudson.  It was a charming place with the most engaging owner.  If you are in the area, you must stop in.  There is a ton of really great fabric.  (Sorry, I was so captivated by everything that I forgot to take photos.)

I found some fabric to frame my latest hand sewn small sea landscape...
I still need to add some seashells.  I first tried to embroider one but did not like it at all.  I removed it carefully.  What I am going to do is cut them out of other fabric and attach to the landscape like the sailboat.

I also found some fabric to frame another hand sewn landscape I am working on...
The orange will be larger and the yellow about half the size.  I still need to do a lot more work on the tree.

And from her sale table I picked up two yards of fabric to use for the scissors holders...
I like the combination.

Oh and just to let you know, I am still doing my daily creations.  I just haven't posted them but here are a couple...



I'm a little late in posting today because of the visit to the quilt shop and watching the hearings.  I should have ignored the hearings but I wanted to hear what Barr had to say...not much good. (Big Sigh).

Keep the faith...
Things will get better...
(Note: It may take a while though)
And smile, it will make you feel better...
Thanks for stopping by...
See you tomorrow...