Tuesday, April 23, 2019

SOUTHWEST LANDSCAPE - BACK TO SQUARE ONE, WELL MAYBE TWO OR THREE


What a beautiful sunny day, well, there are a few clouds and it is getting darker.  Showers forecast for later this evening.  But all in all, it is nice.

So, I tackled the leftovers from Easter.  Lots of ham...LOTS of ham.  Two large bags of meat and one with the bone went into the freezer and one extremely full bag in the frig for eating now. 

I also fried up the kibby.  I shaped it in a football shape with a piece of cold butter in the center.  Yeah, I know, kind of over kill with the fat, but it really is good that way.  Most of the spinach pies are gone, ditto with the beans, and the potato salad is only a memory.  I didn't count but I think there are eight boiled eggs left also.

There's lots of leftovers for the rest of the week!

So, I kept looking at the landscape and realized I could not live with the delicate arch in the center so I took all the pieces out (lots of applique gone!)...
Now I am thinking of just putting a plain arch between the two sides with fewer individual pieces. And I am thinking of having it appear in front of the sides.  I will cut one out and audition it.  But I will live with it for a couple days before I decide.

I will be going to Maine tomorrow for a short two day visit.  If I have an internet connection I will post a blog, but if not, you know where I am.  I do promise to take pictures to share when I get back.

A couple more ATC's...
 Not sure why the black is not showing up as strong as it is in real life.

See you soon...
Thanks for coming by...