Tuesday, April 30, 2019

SOUTHWEST LANDSCAPE CONTINUING AND KEEPSAKE PURCHASES

Well, as promised, today is dark, cold and rainy.  Hard to even find a shadow on the ground.  I know that I will be grumbling about hot, sunny days, but I really would like some warm, sunny days right about now.  It sure would elevate my mental health! How about you? 

So, I am back to work on the southwest scene.  This is how I left it last time I posted about it...

Well, this is what it looks like now...
You will notice right away that I took away the balancing rock.  I think the piece I added is a bit too big so I will make it a bit narrower and not so straight.  I also added an arch in the center.  Those are the changes, it's better.  I think.  Have to look at it a while longer.  And I want to add something to the foreground.

I was going after balancing rock...
Delicate arch...
And Brice Canyon...
And yes I have been to all of these places including climbing up to Delicate Arch. 

So I took out Balancing Rock and Delicate Arch and put in Landscape Arch...
And I simply added more to the right side of the landscape.  Like I said, I will look at it for a while before actually sewing it.  I'm tired of ripping out the applique items.

So, as promised, here is what I purchased at Keepsake...



Both fabric selections were on sale (30% off) and because I had my guild membership card, I got an additional 10% off.  Not too shabby for some really great fat quarters.

Well, that's it for now.  I need to do my afternoon exercise and then decode about dinner.  Think it will be chicken thighs in a rice casserole...at least that's the plan for now...

Thanks for stopping by...
See you tomorrow...