Friday, May 17, 2019

FLOWERS OUTSIDE MY WINDOW & WEEKEND EVENTS

Isn't this flower just breathtaking.  I took it today right outside one of my studio windows.  As a matter of fact, there's an entire bush of them...
And right next to this bush was this beauty.  Have no idea what it is but boy it is unique...
Such a deep, deep blue.

Well, it rained again today for about two hours.  Not a downpour but a steady rain.  Once again my lawn chairs are soaking.  Good thing they dry quickly.

I did manage to get the rest of the house cleaned.  Everything looks really nice.  And I made it to the grocery store to pick up some definitely needed items like toilet paper and kitty litter.  So I am all ready for guests but.....they had to cancel as their calendar was far too full.

Believe me, I understand.  Down side is that I won't get to see them.  Up side is that the house is clean and I have a free weekend.  One son is down in the area and will be picking up the shop equipment so that's a win.

Tomorrow, there's an all town garage sale at Montgomery, New York and I hope to get there to see if I can find some great buys.  They are running a plant sale also.  And then on Sunday, they are having an art fair.  Montgomery is going to be very, very busy.

There are a couple other events this weekend that I want to attend.  One is an exhibit:  Ode to O'keefe and the other is bird watching at Bear Mountain.

And as the forecast has changed and there's no rain scheduled until Monday, I may be able to get everything in.

My other plan for this weekend is to use my Mother's Day gift and trim all the weeds including the garden area where I can then lay down some cardboard to keep the weeds at bay.  I figure that when I get back tomorrow there will be plenty of time to tackle trimming.  I can then put out my solar lights on the rock wall.

Chip is progressing very well but he really doesn't like the medicine.  But that's Chip for you. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend...
Can you believe that next weekend is Memorial Day Weekend...
Where is the year going...
Thanks for stopping by...
See you next week...