Monday, May 20, 2019

WEEKEND WORK...


So summer appeared at my doorstep today.  It was hot (upper 80's), humid and rainy.  Yes, we have had several rain showers.  Last night we had thunderstorms.

My weekend was full.  I did make it to Montgomery and as advertised, the entire town seemed to have garage sales.  The only thing I was looking for were lawn chairs.  Only one place had them but even after going there twice, there was no place to park anywhere near the sale.

I did pick up a few things from the Christmas Tree shop like tarps to throw over the lawn chairs, a couple new plastic table cloths which I have fastened to the tables underneath so they won't fly away.  And some more solar lights.  I didn't like their lawn chairs so still no new ones.

But, I was able to put my Mother's Day Gift to work.  I trimmed the entire back and side yard.  I also cleaned out the enclosed garden area (weeds were up to my waist) and laid down cardboard...
Remember this year I will be planting a container garden in this area.  The boxes are from large tvs which each of the boys purchased.  (Me, I still use my tiny tv!  Don't watch that much.)

I also cleaned out the weeds in the area next to the house and laid down cardboard...

The cardboard is to stop the weeds.  I would have preferred newspapers but as I do not get any newsprint, I decided to use cardboard.  It will take longer to breakdown, but with all the rain we have been getting, it should be pretty soggy by the time I plant.  I plan to make holes in the cardboard for the plants then cover with compost and top soil. 

The cardboard in the enclosed garden area is just to stop the weeds.  I have no intention to plant in the ground there, only in containers.

One of the morning routine readings is The Crafter's Devotional and today's exercise was to create a poem...not just any but Haiku.  If you're not familiar with Haiku, there is a very specific formula:  Three lines, first line 5 syllables, second line 7 syllables and the third line 5 syllables.  So here's my first try:

"Life continues growth,
Forging forward less leaps than
Bounds making paths straight"

Not great but fun.  The challenge was to create a Haiku Poem everyday this week.  Guess what you will be reading?

Well,  now on to Empire Quilters work...
Thanks for dropping by...
See you tomorrow...