Friday, July 5, 2019

AND THE BEAT GOES ON...


Today's flowers are courtesy of my yard.  The top picture is of the blue flowers that just continue to bloom.  You will notice that I haven't made any progress on the round flower garden.  I can thank the shingles and/or the meds for that...I simply have no energy to even begin.  Each day I plan to go out and work just a little while.  But every time I even think about that, I just slump.  Guess I will have to wait for this little episode to run it's course.

The bottom picture is of the flowers on the long garden next to the house.  They look great even tho, once again, I haven't mulched about half of them.

And look at my green pepper...
It's still small, but so far so good.  The rest of the plants are looking great also.  Lots and lots of flowers on all the tomato bushes.

So, I took the last of the meds this afternoon.  I sure am hoping that with that part of this shingles thing done, I will have energy to get out and do some of the rest of the garden work.  Afterall, it is July!!!

Walking around the yard, I found this...
The tree/bush is full of them and I have no idea what I am looking at.  Hope it's flowers but with this overgrown mess, who knows!

So if any of you belong to volunteer groups, you know that sometimes there can be rather large kinks.  Well, one fell upon me this week.  There's always one, right?  And it only takes one to stir the pot into a mess.  That's what I have...a mess.  Not sure how this one is going to resolve itself but I do hope it will do so peacefully.

The heat struck this week...that may also be part of my lack of energy...nah...I'm tired even in the cool morning or evening.  My studio does get hot about mid-day even tho I keep the shades closed.  The main rooms which are in the older part of the house (late 1700's) actually stay very comfortable.  No need for ac in those rooms at all.

I did manage to cut and sew some stuffies today for the Holiday Stockings.  My thought is that I will cut, sew and turn lots of them, but then have the charity table stuff and embroider them at the focus group time slot.  I have about a dozen cats done to that point and now I am working on ducks and teddy bears.  I think a dozen of each to begin with will be good.

Hope your Fourth was fun.  Ours was very low-keyed.  A big barbecue, no tv, some reading and just sitting around visiting.  Chef son barbecued enough to last a week!!!  We watched Independence Day while we were eating outside.  Perfect movie for the day...and I have to say the weather was good.  But the food was awesome!!!

Thanks for checking things out here...
Hopefully I will be able to post on a regular basis again...
See you on Monday...