Monday, July 15, 2019

FLOWERS AND MODERN ART FABRIC QUILT BLOCKS

This flower was growing in the back part of the yard among the weeds.
Oh, and remember this photo which I posted a few days ago?

Well, this is what those little pods are turning into...
The leaves have also changed in color...lots more yellow in them.

So, a bit of the energy is back...but I do have to make sure I don't overdo it.  Then I am back to square one.  The heat has arrived so my studio is basically unusable from around 2 in the afternoon until 9 in the evening.  So, last night, I was up until 2:30am working on some modern art sample fabric squares (Yes, not the best way to use my energy but the studio was cool and I was on a roll!).

I looked up the definition of modern art and got quite an earful.  There is definitely a disagreement on what should and should not be labeled as modern. 

The Modern Art Guild has a good history about modern art quilting as well as a fairly detailed definition.  However, looking at other sites, I found that the definition widely differs between groups.  I am not sure what my definition would be other than unusual and asymmetrical. 

These samples are raw edged cut and they still need to be quilted.  I am using them for the first of my Fun With Fabric Focus Group in September.



I watched the last episode of 'Grandchester' with Sydney as the mystery solving clergy person.  I was happy to see that the rest of the cast stayed in tact.  It will be interesting to see how the new person fits in.  Like the 'Midwife' series, 'Grandchester' is dealing with the era and problems that I remember dealing with as a young adult.  Brings back lots of memories...

That's all for today...
See you tomorrow...