Tuesday, July 16, 2019

FLOWERS, BIRDS and ALDI...

Thanksgiving Point, Salt Lake City, Utah
I wish I knew what this flower was called.  It is really beautiful and very unusual.  The photo was taken several years ago at Thanksgiving Point in the spring.  Any ideas?

I had several visitors today at the bird feeder but I only managed to take a couple pictures...

My cats really enjoy watching them.  Course, I think my cats would rather be outside where they can at least try to catch the birds...

I picked up containers to set my plants in so they they would have water.  I looked all over for a molded swimming pool but no stores had any available.  So off to my trusty dollar store where I picked up enough containers for $1 each...

All of my tomato plants have tomatoes on them...

The heat snuck up on me today.  I did get out and work in the yard for about an hour this morning, pulling weeds in the circular garden and planting a new dill plant in the empty container.  Wonder if this one will survive...

Tomorrow, early, I want to get some trimming done and maybe plant a few flowers.  Rain is forecast but not until later on in the day.

I took my son to physical therapy this afternoon and while waiting in the truck for him (Yes, it was hot but there was a breeze blowing.) I saw an Aldi truck.  I didn't know that there was an Aldi store here.  I have shopped at one in St. Paul, Mn and loved the discount food.  I am definitely checking this store out on Thursday during the next physical therapy appointment.

Well, back to the guild headaches...honestly, I don't remember every working with a group this large with this many problems.  Hopefully, they will all get ironed out sooner rather than later...fingers crossed.

Hope your weather is great where you live...
Mine could use some cooling down...
See you tomorrow...