Wednesday, July 17, 2019

QUILTING MODERN ART FABRIC BLOCKS...


I decided to quilt the three modern art quilt blocks.  And right on time, my sewing machine decided to balk!  I literally could not do any free motion quilting.  Once I put that accessory foot on the sewing machine it would not work.  The thread simply would not catch so no stitches were made.

When I went back to the regular walking foot, it worked.  But, it is hot and humid and that may be the cause but for whatever reason, I had to quilt using the walking foot.  Here are the three blocks.  You will note that I used gold thread on all of them.  The first one I also used dark rose thread.


I was able to do some curved stitches with the walking foot but I had to be careful not to stretch the material out of shape.

Here's a photo of all three together...

These are samples that I intend to use for my first Fun with Fabric Focus Group Workshop at the September meeting.  The program is all about Modern Art Quilts and I thought it would be fun for folks to try making a modern art fabric block.

So today was hot and humid.  And we have had some really heavy downpours of rain.  Tomorrow the forecast is for low 80's.  But then the next three days will be the hottest ones so far this year.  They are predicting 100 degrees.  The good news is that it is short lived.  And the following week forecast are for temperatures in the mid 80's.  Maybe I can get the circular garden planted finally.

Hope you're taking some time for yourself this summer...
Remember 'those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer'?
Enjoy them...
See you tomorrow...