Monday, September 9, 2019

FALL FUN - CORN MAZE - FARM LIVING

This was one of the thousands of sunflowers that dotted the farm stead that we visited last Saturday.  We went to Pierson's Farm (Middletown, NY) and had a blast.  If you want a nice family outing, visit this place with things to do for both children and adults.  (I have no affiliation with this farm, by the way.)

They have both a Sunflower Maze (on the left) and a complex Corn Maze (on the right)...

There's also a little folk maze with tape to mark off the maze.  And, a great slide (adults and children), a trike track (again, adults and children), a spider web to climb on...

Farm animals to see including a llama and two very young calves...


Nothing says more fall to me than a farm visit and a corn maze to conquer.  Reminds me of my young life living in a rural community, miking cows, gathering eggs, making butter, well water from an outside pump and, of course, an outhouse. 

Yes, I am that old!!!  I do enjoy the convenience of modern living like indoor bathrooms and tap water...even the internet...but I wish I could combine the two a little more than I have now.

We also picked up some grass fed beef and free range chicken.  Let me tell you, that chicken was wonderful...there was actually flavor...reminded me, again, of eating chicken from my grandma's free range stock.

So, today I have been back at work on guild stuff...getting ready for the meeting next Saturday.  I think I have everything mostly lined up but I will make doubly sure this week.

And you may not believe this but I am going to another quilt guild tonight.  It's a local one and also a place where I can just attend and enjoy rather than attend and be in charge!

My Vikings looked great yesterday...their defense was awesome.  SKOL...hope they continue throughout the year.

Well, back to guild stuff...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...
By the way, I reopened comments...
Looking forward to hearing from you...