Tuesday, September 10, 2019

PLANNED VS. SPONTANEOUS


Today began with my Learn Something New writing.  The question revolved around planned and/or spontaneous living.  I don't think anyone lives in totally one or the other area...planned or spontaneous.  I think we all live with a foot in both.  The difference to me is which area do you place your weight in. 

For me, I realize that I live more of a planned life, especially when there is something of importance like a career or even my participation in the guild.  But, as I get older, I find that I am more spontaneous which, if I remember my college pysch days, is exactly opposite of what most older folks did.  Course, I think they were studying The Greatest Generation...in other words, my folks generation.  And I would have to agree...

I am not so sure about Baby Boomers.  It would be an interesting study of my generation - one which I am sure someone has done. 

Well, leaving that, I did work about five hours on guild work...getting ready for Saturday's meetings.  Plural because before the general meeting, I have called an emergency board meeting to handle one particular sticky issue...not fun...not fun at all.

I got tired around 3:30 this afternoon but instead of taking a nap, I cooked.  I made a raw apple cake which is absolutely wonderful.  Again, my grandma's recipe...


Kind of like an apple brownie without chocolate which is fine with me...not a chocolate lover.  I also made some chili.  It was that type of day...
It was good, if I say so myself.  And the boys...well two helpings later the amount of chili left is very small!!

I'm watching the North Carolina race.  The Democratic candidate is doing better than he did the last time.  I read an article that the Republicans were down playing the results saying that it was a toss up district even tho Trump won it solidly.  The Republicans also spent 6 million dollars which is a lot of money for them to spend in a Republican District and State.  No matter who wins, the Democrats have to be happy about coming so close in a Republican State.

That's all for tonight...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...