Thursday, September 5, 2019

KITCHEN FUN


Unlike yesterday, I didn't have to use the air conditioner to cool off and reduce the humidity.  It was actually cool and tomorrow promises even cooler air.  Is that fall I smell in the air?  I hope so!

So today I worked in the kitchen, hanging up a spice rack...

And mounting a light under the cabinet above the stove...finally.  It's a small light, only 12 inches long, but the light it gives off is great.  I also switched the small rolling cart for the larger one.  I still haven't figured out where to keep it but I really like the additional counter space.

I tried out a new thick soup made with potatoes, onions, garlic, sausage, corn, cannelloni beans and kale...
I had a small bowl earlier and it is wonderful.  I know I am probably rushing it, but one thing I like about fall is the soups I make and this one is a keeper.

So guess what begins tonight?  Yep, NFL football...not just preseason, but the real thing.  And readers here know that I love football.  Another indication that fall is here...or at least coming close.

Can you believe how long Dorian is hanging around.  This has to be a record of sorts.  At least it's no longer a Cat 5.  But the rain and storm surge will bring damage.  Everyone please keep safe.

That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...