Thursday, September 19, 2019

LUCKY BUYS...


Have you ever had a day when you just walked away from everything?  That's what happened to me yesterday.  I answered 7 emails - guild - before even having a cup of coffee.  When I got to the 8th one, a giant missive about how I was basically a bad leader, this from one of my problem folks, I closed the email, shut down the computer, picked up my purse and truck keys, walked out the door and left.

I ran some errands, visited places I wanted to like Barnes and Nobles - no there were no magazines that I wanted purchase - Goodwill Stores, Salvation Army, craft stores, etc.  I even had lunch out.  But I did luck out at one of the Goodwill Stores.

I have been looking for more comfortable chairs for the living room and I found my second one yesterday.  Check out this photo...

A platform rocker that is also a recliner.  Even the padding is in great condition.  There is one problem but I can fix it.  I only paid $49 for both pieces.  This was the second great buy.

The first one came from Salvation Army a couple weeks ago.  Check out this photo...
This is a swivel rocker.  It isn't a recliner but it does have an extension for your feet.  Again in great condition and only $50.

Today I worked on cleaning and rearranging the living area as well as putting up the fall decoration.  I still have to get out the fall flowers and arrange them but the rest is done.  My office, though, is a disaster.  I haven't put anything away from Saturday's meeting and stuff is scattered all over.  Tonight I will be trying to get things in order.

There is still soup left for supper plus I made a cabbage and polish sausage dish.  Football tonight, so you know what I will be watching.

Hope everyone is doing well...
Talk with you tomorrow...