Tuesday, September 17, 2019

YARD WORK & WHERE O' WHERE ARE MY FALL DECORATIONS...

Colors Coming Soon!!!

Today was cool but in the bright sunshine I wound up taking off my light weight jacket while I was outside getting some yard work done.  I tackled the front yard today.  The hedges at the front were totally out of shape.  Not because of the hedges themselves but because of the weeds that are intermingled with hedges.  So I got them back into shape.

And the weeds in the area between the hedges and the road were about 20 inches high so that needed some weed whacking.  I then trimmed around the edges of the house and by the three stone fences.  It does look a lot better.  

And tomorrow I want to make and hang a wreath on the front door which is totally protected from the elements so the wreath will look good throughout the season.  I also purchased some fall color mums two of which I will put out front.

Tomorrow I will be tackling the side yard which needs a lot of trimming.  Especially around the round garden which still has cardboard on it.  I hope to plant some perennials in this fall.  Several folks have offered plants when they divide them up.

Inside, I took the leftovers from Sunday's meal and made a great chicken vegetable soup.  It is quite tasty if I say so myself.

But, once again, the fall decorating did not get done.  One reason is that I don't know where the decorations are.  I think they are upstairs in one of the closets but I will need the boys to get them down for me.

I also had to spend time with guild stuff...again...!!!  Will it ever stop?  Yes, once I get things in shape and have folks to handle everything.  But until that point, I will be busy with guild stuff.  I guess I could just let things slide, but I think that's why things have gotten in this mess.  And knowing me, I can't just let it slide.  I like this group and feel they deserve to have a fully operating administration.
So onward and...hopefully...upward...

Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...