Thursday, October 10, 2019

GUILD! GUILD! GUILD!

The rain has given way to sunshine and a bit of warmth.  So what about the winterstorm that's going to hit the midwest.  Temperatures are supposed to fall drastically and there could be up to two feet of snow.  I'm not quite ready for snow so I hope it stays in there.

Today has been guild preparation day...again.  Take a look at this...
That's what I need to get ready for each meeting.  Each stack represents one thing like the Holiday Charity or the Challenges or The Fun with Fabric Focus Group.  The good news is that I will be able to take a smaller suitcase on Saturday. 

Coming home?  Well, that's what the IKEA bags are for.  There are only two more meetings that folks can bring stuff for the Holiday Charity so I figure that I will need lots of bags to put things in.  I usually have to walk back to the garage, pick up my truck and travel back to the church and load up the truck. 

Now that may seem like a small thing.  After all, the garage is only about five blocks away from the church.  Well, last month it took me 45 minutes to get back to the church...Manhattan is not the easiest place to drive in!!!

Oh, and that's not all.  I still have these 'stuffies' to sew...

But this is the condition of my sewing machine right now...
I am still working on it but I tried sewing a while ago and it seems to be mostly working.  Going to clean and oil a couple more things and straighten one other thing (Have no idea what anything is really called!).  Fingers crossed that this works.  If not, I have two old sewing machines that I can try. Problem is that I don't know the condition of either machine...if they even work!

Tomorrow is forecast to be cooler than today but I hope to get outside and do a bit of work.  All my herbs are still going strong.  I would like to bring them in but haven't figured out a way to stop the cats from getting into them.  Suggestions???

And once again, it's almost the weekend...where do the days go?

Talk to you tomorrow over a cup of coffee...