Thursday, October 31, 2019

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Houses Are Full Of
Things, Homes Are Full Of People
Sharing Grace And Love.


I ran out this morning to pick up some candy in the off chance that someone would come to our home trick or treating.  We had no one last year and I doubt that we will have anyone this year.  We live on a somewhat busy road with no walkway nor place to park.

But, just in case, as I said, I went out to pick up a bit of candy...and I was definitely overdressed in jeans and a sweatshirt...it was 73 degrees, humid, misty and cloudy.  I had to take a look at the calendar to make sure this was the last day of October.

We have not had a freeze yet so I am not sure how the apples are doing at the local orchards.  They usually like to encourage folks to come after the first cold snap.  And I really can't say that this is Indian Summer because we really have not had much cold weather!

I did try to laminate the leaves...
They turned out better than I thought BUT it took more than one pass through the laminating machine and several laminated leaves were destroyed.  

I am going to go out tomorrow and pick up some more leaves and try it again.  I found some beautifully orange leaves and the tree across the street is turning brighter and brighter red.  I have to say, they are doing better than when I ironed them with wax paper.

Today's prompt (from yesterday's post) focused on the 'stuff' we own and how we feel about it.  I have decreased the amount of 'stuff' I own considerably.  One of my son's took a lot of things...and, of course, as we now share a home, the stuff is back.  But it's not so much that I feel overwhelmed.  

I have gone through my clothes and am down to about a third of what I used to own which wasn't very much when compared to most other women.  If there is anyplace where I probably have more than I need it is in my studio.  I went through my fabric this past spring and again this fall so that is under control.  But, I have several things related to crafts that I tried and am no longer interested in and I need to gather those up and donate them.

But, for the most part, I think I am in pretty good shape 'stuff' wise.  I enjoy what I have and do not feel it a burden.  What about you?  Are there things you would like to donate but have separation anxiety?

Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...

TOMORROW'S PROMPT
What do you hold as sacred, not in
a religious way but holds a special
place in your life?  How do you honor
that sacredness, that specialness?