Thursday, October 17, 2019

WIND!!!

Well, the rain came and left.  Then came the wind and it has stayed.  It's so heavy that the entire area around me - including me - lost electricity for about five hours today.  Trees are down across roads making driving a bit dangerous.  Large limbs, really large ones, have fallen in our yard.  The clouds in the sky look like they are on a race course, careening around at the speed of light!!!

Many of the trees are bare.  But the interesting thing is that the ones that still have leaves, their leaves are green.  Wonder if they will turn beautiful colors.

It was so dark most of the day that the motion lights came on - that is, when we had electricity.  It is actually lighter at 5:30pm than it was a noon.

Did I get anything done that was on my list?  Yes, but not as much as I wanted.  When the electricity went out, I realized how dependent I was on it.  No computer work.  No machine sewing.  It was so dark that I gave up trying to pick out fabric for a landscape.  What did I do?

Well, one son was home for a follow-up appointment and he was hungry so we drove several miles to find a restaurant with electricity to have lunch!!!

Football this evening.  I think I am going to take a nice long bath and warm up (no electricity equals no heat), put on my flannel jammies and watch the game from my bed.  I might even keep my eyes open!!!

Talk with you tomorrow (if we still have electricity!)