Tuesday, November 12, 2019

THE STORM THAT WASN'T...

Gifts That Come From Your
Heart And Hands Mean More Than All
The Money You Spend


What a day...between trying to sort the donations, being available for the windshield replacement, answering and writing email, trying to somewhat clean the house, make dinner and then...and then...lose a tooth!  It was one of those days that I would just rather forget.

The tooth is interesting.  It's actually a real tooth (my tooth) with a screw which I have had for decades.  I had to talk the dentist to put it back in four years ago.  I hope I can do it this time.  I have no money for any indepth dentistry work right now.  In a couple years I will, but right now, no way.

Well, I first have to find a dentist up here.  That hasn't been on the top of my list of things to do.  If it's not one thing, it's another!!!

So I have just about got the donations sorted.  But I haven't had a chance to count anything yet.  I have to say that I am surprised at some of the things that folks donate.  I won't say anything because in some cases, I feel that what folks donate is all they have and I will graciously accept all...and thank them.

And I finally got word on fixing the mess the plumbers made but the person isn't available until the week before Thanksgiving!!!  

I would take a picture of my house but really, it's so bad that I would be embarrassed!  I'm just surprised that I haven't fallen over everything that is scattered all over the place.

So, where did the storm go...it sprinkled this morning a bit...and the temperatures have dropped to the low thirties...and the wind has been blowing.  But, no heavy...actually, no real rain...and definitely no snow.  I checked the radar...the storm is out to sea around here.  I guess it was the storm that wasn't!!!

Tomorrow should be unique.  I know I will be listening to the hearings.  Going to be interesting to say the least.

I hope all of you are doing well...
Thanks for stopping by and listening to me complain...
Talk with you tomorrow...
(I promise to be more upbeat.)

Tomorrow's Prompt
Have you realized that ads for the winter
holidays already abound?  Have you thought 
about simplifying your celebrations?