Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Holidays Are Close
At Hand - Ready Or Not They
Will Be At Your Door.


Well, today was a very busy one both politically and personally.  Politically we now have the Articles of Impeachment put forth by the Judicial Committee of the House for a vote by the entire House soon.  The House also has approved the NAFTA2.0 or the second edition of the trade agreement between the US, Mexico and Canada.  Talk about two diverse universes! 

Personally, I drove into Manhattan and then over to Queens to deliver the stockings/gifts to two organizations.  First I delivered 58 stockings to a domestic abuse organization in Manhattan.  And then I delivered 112 stockings plus other new items to Hour Children in Queens.  

The trip in was fairly uneventful.   The GWB was crammed as usual...I don't know if there is any time that it isn't busy.  I believe it is the busiest bridge in the world.  On the way home, again the GWB was busy but with the added event of heavy rain which lasted until Bear Mountain...about 40 miles.  Then the rain tapered off to drizzle.

The temperatures were in the high 50's and most of the snow has melted.  I took advantage of the warm weather to put up our outdoor lights.  Unfortunately, two of the three strands no longer worked so I had to change things  around a bit.  If I see any more outdoor lights or decorations on sale this season, I will add them to what I have up...that is if the price is right...read that cheap!

So tomorrow I want to get two boxes of Christmas Presents ready to mail before my dentist's appointment.  (No, I am not looking forward to that!!!)  Then I need to work on guild things.  The party is basically ready, so all I have to do is get ready for the board meeting.

This morning's prompt was a bit discomforting.  The life of a snowflake is short, especially if it is warm.  And when one takes into consideration the entire history of the earth, our short span of time spent here is also small.

I remember a song I use to sing when I was young.  I bet many of you sang it also.  "This Little Light Of Mine".  I guess that one of the best ways to think about my life is to let it shine in this little corner of the world at this time.  

I don't need praise or admiration, I don't want to achieve fame, I just want to enjoy the rest of my life doing things that I want to do as well as things which will leave this little corner of the world a little bit better.

What about you...have you thought about your life and what you will leave for those who follow?

Well, that's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...


Tomorrow's Prompt
 If you celebrate Christmas it's almost
past time to take stock.  Are you ready?
Make a list of ten things in order of
importance and then begin tackling each one.