Monday, December 9, 2019

SNOWFLAKES COME AND SNOWFLAKES GO...

Snowflakes Falling Leave
White Carpeted World.  Snowflakes
Melting Leave A Mess.


I put up a photo of one of my snowflakes for two reasons.  First, the tree is up and the lights are on.  But, second, the snowflakes that fell several days ago leaving a wonderful winter wonderland of white are now melting leaving a mess!!!  The temperatures were in the 50's today and tomorrow it will be even warmer...think 60's.

I was going to be in the city today but I got sick with flu like symptoms this weekend and rescheduled my appointment.  Although I did want to go in today, the plus was that I was able to hear the hearings...or maybe that was a minus.  Let me tell you, the GOP members did their best to try and derail the hearing.  

What is frustrating about their complaints about how unfair the hearing is...is that these were the rules that they set up when they held the majority.  Guess now that they have to live under those rules as a minority, they don't like them.

Today's prompt was interesting.  I have actually let go of many of the Christmas Traditions that I once felt so important.  I still send out presents, a lot fewer.  I still bake cookies but no where near as many.  I even decorate less.  But that says what I don't do...what I do is take time to sit and think...to contemplate the past year, to think about the coming year, to think about my life and loves and all the wonderful experiences I have had.

I spend more time reading.  And I watch all the Christmas movies that I love to watch like Home Alone, Miracle of 54th Street, The Grinch, Charlie Brown, Scrooge, etc.  

I also like to take time to contemplate my spiritual life.  Examining where I was and where I am now and how my spiritual life fits.  And, I do all of this reading, listening, contemplating, etc. in front of the tree.

That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...

Tomorrow's Prompt
Thinking of how brief the life of a snowflake
 is, do you ever wonder how your brief 
life fits into the history of the world?