Tuesday, December 17, 2019

TREE DECORATED...BAKING UP NEXT!

Merry, Merry Days
Lift One's Spirits Very High
Enjoy The Moments


I finished decorating the tree today.  It looks quite nice.  I then made an attempt to straighten up my office/studio.  It is quite a mess.  Hopefully I will be able to get things a bit more organized before I go to bed tonight. 

The weather was/is pretty bad.  Not a lot of snow.  Actually, no snow.  It's all ice or frozen rain. Walking is treacherous.  SnowWhite is covered in about half inch of ice.  She will stay put until it gets a bit warmer!  Both boys made it to work but getting home tonight will be a long, slow, icy drive.  

I have been working on sending out a few cards.  My son takes them to work with him and deposits them in the post office which is next door to his office building.  I don't send out many cards any more.  That seems to be a lost art...but then I think we overdid it at one time sending to folks we barely knew because we felt  we needed to.

Years ago, I decided that any cards I sent were done after Christmas because I liked to write long newsy letters.  Hmmm.  Even letter writing in longhand is an art that is going by the wayside.  

Is that a bad thing or a good thing?  I really don't know.  Instant messaging via the internet is nice to have.  And I do send newsy emails to several folks.  I often wonder if they will teach longhand in school several years from now.  

So today's prompt was about time getting out of hand and what I can do about it.  Well, the first thing is that I did not put up all of our decorations...believe me, I have, once again, enough to decorate three homes!  I didn't even put on all the tree decorations...again, enough for three, no make that five, trees!

And I have cut down on Christmas Shopping relying a lot on Internet shopping.  I actually do not like to shop so purchasing via the internet is a blessing for me.  I am much more relaxed about how things are celebrated.  Less formal, less planned.  That may be because I am retired and not in a position where I really had to decorate to the 'nines'.  

I actually began reading an mystery novel last night!  So, all in all, I think I am learning my lesson and letting the holiday season be what it is.

That's all for now...
Talk with you tomorrow...

Tomorrow's Prompt
While you rush around preparing for
your Holiday Celebrations, How can
you take time to enjoy the moment?