Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A JOURNALING WE WILL GO...

This flower doesn't seem real does it?  But it is...I just managed to get a great shot with my camera.

So, after everything that I did yesterday, I took it rather easy today.  I did work on my journaling as well as begin sewing a jelly roll blanket together.

I worked on a few pages in my journal.  These two are works in progress as I have really only attached the background...


I did not like the starkness of this page so I added a piece of tissue paper over it and placed a couple fussy cut flowers on top...

And this one is a start which I like.  I feel like I am finding my own voice again with paper...

I have noticed that as I add one at the beginning of my blog, flowers seem to be an important motif in my journaling.  Think I need to look that one up.  What is the symbolic significance for flowers anyway?

As far as the quilt is concerned.  I won a jelly roll in a raffle drawing a few months ago and realized that I would never use it for myself.  So I decided to make a charity quilt out of it.  No, I am not doing the Jelly Roll Race.  However, I am making large squares about three feet each side which I will stitch together with a strip of fabric between them. I will post pictures later.

That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...