Wednesday, January 8, 2020

ADHESIVE POWDER OPENS UP NEW WAYS TO PLAY WITH FABRIC...


I am so used to red poinsettias and even white ones that the pink ones caught me off guard.  In real life, though, they are very beautiful...and unexpected.

Using Adhesive Powder:
The powder adhesive ironing sheets came in and they really do make a difference.  However, you need to let it cool.  So here's what's needed...
By the way, I have no relation with the Bo-Nash Fuse It Powder.  The brown sheet is the ironing sheet.

The first thing to do is to make 'confetti' out of fabric using a cutting mat and rotary cutter.

Next put some adhesive down where you want the 'confetti' to stick.  Finally place the fabric over the powder.  This is what it looks like before ironing.

And this is what it looks like after ironing.

Here are a couple of the examples that I will use at the Focus Workshop


This stuff is really fun to work with.  And the amount of powder needed is so small that I will be able to use it for a ton of projects.  I don't know about you, but I have bags of tiny scraps...now I have a way to use them.

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday but after all the errands including and oil change and inspection for SnowWhite and grocery shopping plus several others, it was late when I got home only to be greeted by another errand.  This time meeting one of my sons who was dropping off his car to be repaired.  Well, it was much too late when I got home to even try to put together a blog.

That's all for today...
Talk to you tomorrow...