Thursday, January 9, 2020

MY JOURNAL SO FAR...


One of the January experiences I choose to do (along with the two frugality and one simplicity) was journaling with prompts.  I am following Nichobella's blog.

I realized that I am a bit rusty in art journaling and am less adventurous.  I hope as time goes by, I will be freer in my journaling.  But here is what I have done so far.  I expect that there will be more done on each page.  This is prompt 1 - circles; and prompt 3 - image:

Prompt 2 was slicing and dicing a favorite picture:

Prompt 3 is above.  Prompt 4 was to plant a tree:
I know this is less adventurous but I really like this page.

Prompt 5 was to divide a page, place a line and then put two images that may begin a conversation:

Prompt 6 was select something that is unlike my own tastes:

Prompt 7 was to do the opposite:

That's my journal so far.  I decided to use card stock weight gray paper which I will bind into a journal when finished.  I have to say that I am enjoying this process and look forward to continuing.

I can't believe that the temperatures are almost reaching the 70's this weekend.  My goodness, this is January not May!  I found a tiny pile of snow today.  It was in wooded area behind our home under some dirt.  Other than that, none!  And today was full sunshine.

By the way, not only is the emergency program for the guild done, but the Focus Workshop is already.  I have to say I really love playing with adhesive powder.  My mind is racing about all the things I want to try with it.

That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...