Tuesday, February 25, 2020

NEW PROJECT TAKING SHAPE...


Today is warm (about fifty-five degrees) but cloudy and raining.  And for some reason the stomach virus has made it's return again...for the fourth time.  Or, maybe it has just never left!  One way to lose weight, I guess.  But not very comfortable to say the least.

I have been continuing to fussy cut flowers.  Here's a sample of the different types...
I am actually looking forward to placing the flowers on the appliqued project.  BUT I am not looking forward to all the hand work that will be involved!

As for the new piece, I have begun to place different blocks of fabric...



I may change these out over time.  But the main thing to remember is that each of these pieces will be creations on their own.  It won't just be a plain piece of fabric.  Each will represent some part of the contrast and connections that I want to make between urban and rural. 

For instance, the butterfly piece could easily be a connection piece between urban and rural.  I have lived in both from the largest city in the country, New York City, to rural farm land in Minnesota.  In the city I remember my trip to the Museum of Natural History when it was butterfly release time.  I also remember watching the butterflies as they flew freely around the yard of a farmhouse I lived in.  I want to find a way to make that connection.

Another connection piece is comparing Manhattanhenge to Harvest Moons.  What is Manhattanhenge?  It's when the sun perfectly aligns with a east-west street grid (usually between 32nd and 42nd).  And the Harvest Moon?  Well, it's when the moon appears so large that it looks unreal...and beautiful.  I always remember it in the fall around Halloween.

Contrasts include city scapes compared to plowed fields,  many people compared to few and possibly something to do with abundance compared with lack maybe with healthcare.

Anyway, you get the idea.  What do you think?  I am looking forward to continue working on this project.

What type of projects are you doing right now?  Are you excited about them or bored?  If bored, maybe you need to find another creation to work on...or simply take a break and do something different.

That's all for today...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...