Wednesday, February 26, 2020

SECOND SEGMENT OF COLLAGE PROJECT DONE...


I finished one of the segments on the new project.  This one represents the congestion found in cities with streets going in all directions or even going nowhere at all...

About halfway through the piece, I begin having problems with the sewing machine.  I rethreaded both top and bobbin several times.  I changed out the bobbin.  It would work on a single piece of fabric but when I sewed several thicknesses the thread just would not catch.

Finally this morning after rethreading again and changing the bobbin again, I decided to change the needle.  Voila!  It worked!  I was finally able to finish the traffic congestion segment of the my new project.

The next segment I began working on was Manattanhenge, I auditioned several pieces of fabric.  Grayish-brown for the background and blues for the buildings, bright yellow for the sun.  These are the fabrics I finally choose...

After playing around with the pieces, this is the design I liked the best...

So this is my concept of Manhattanhenge.   And now that the sewing machine is working, I can sew it down.  And this is the segment sewn...

I have been thinking about names for my two projects.  They need something better than 'applique' and 'collage'.  Suggestions welcome...

Well, the debate last night was something.  It was very apparent that one of the candidates really did not like another candidate in an unreal way.  Also, we found out that the front runner does not like negative information about himself. 

Pundits are all over the place as to who won and who didn't.  Guess the best thing to do is wait until Saturday to see how the South Carolina Primary goes...and then the following Super Tuesday.  If nothing else, after that the field should narrow.

That's it for now...
Talk with you tomorrow...