Thursday, February 27, 2020

ADDING SOME POP TO THE BACKGROUND...


After looking at the background piece for my collage, I decided it needed something.  So I added a diagonal strip of fabric...

I like the pop of color.  This is what it looks like with two of the completed segments pinned on...

And speaking of segments, my next one will be the Harvest Moon.  I don't have the segment done but I have picked out the fabrics...

My design is to have a large round moon on the blue background with stars.  Then I want to add two different stylized trees in front of the moon.

Finally, I have a lot more fussy cut flowers...

I may already have enough for the applique project but I realized that I also need some for the June Guild Challenge.  I think doing something like the above arrangement on black fabric would be very striking.  Do you agree?

What a difference a poll and a recommendation makes.  Now it looks like Biden has a strong lead in South Carolina.  I guess the best thing to do is to wait until Saturday and the following Tuesday to see where the Democratic Candidate selection is trending.

And what about the Stock Market?  It's dropped 10 percent plus in three days...three days!  It used to be that when the United States sneezed, the world caught a cold.  Now when China sneezes, the world gets the flu.  Going to be a wild ride if nothing else!!!

That's all for today...
Talk with you tomorrow...