Friday, February 28, 2020

HARVEST MOON SEGMENT FINISHED...

I remember taking this picture of a magnolia blossom.  They really are quite beautiful and I do love the sweet smell. 

Speaking of blossoms, many trees and bushes in the area have buds with color showing at the tip.  This is still February, folks.  I'm afraid things will bud out and then we will have deep freeze and lose all the buds.  Today is cool but the high 50's and 60's return next week.

I finished the harvest moon segment...
It's simple and stylistic but I do like it.

This is what it looks like on the background.  Remember though that I will probably rearrange the segments several times before I settle on the right design...

I don't have any other segment designs finalized at this point.  My thought is to show a plowed field.  And I know I want to have contrasting segments about population.  Just haven't come up with a good representation.  Then, of course, I can't forget the butterflies...

Are you concerned about the possible coronavirus situation?  I am not sure how I feel about it...I do not trust the current administration to handle things especially as they are not letting medical folks talk without permission.   

Guess the best thing to do is be vigilant about things like washing hands more often, staying away from folks who seem to be sick, etc.  I am concerned about guild meetings but will make those calls closer to the meeting date and depend on the current situation at that time.

Have any weekend plans?  I don't have any at present other than continue to work on my two projects.  It's going to be a little cooler so venturing out and fishing is probably out of the question this weekend although last weekend's weather was great for fishing.  

Whatever you plan, make sure to take some time for yourself.  Maybe read a book.  I stayed up late last night and finished another mystery:  MURDER IN THE ABBEY by Susan Kiernan-Lewis.  Had me guessing up until the last couple of chapters.  A fun read if you're looking for a mystery. 

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you on Monday...